Thursday, August 25, 2011

{ Design By Aubrey :: 2 Year Anniversary }


It's hard to believe that just 2 short years ago my dear friend Lisa and her fiance Rodney took a chance on me, affording me the opportunity to design the flowers for their summer wedding. I was new on the scene with only a years worth of experience at a flower shop, mostly doing the dirty work. But nonetheless, they put their trust in me and I delightfully accepted the challenge.

Who would have thought that such a small moment in time could carry me so far and make me feel so fulfilled as a designer? And it was nothing short of miraculous that my first design job ended up being featured in one of the most talked about wedding magazines on the shelves, Real Simple Weddings 2010. It's still so unreal!

4290254452_1fb77f4dea_b

I can still remember a friend pulling me aside during a party a couple years ago and telling me the simplest words that really had a deep impact on me. He said "Aubrey, your work is really good. You should think about doing this full-time." Coming from someone I really admired and looked up to as an entrepreneur of his own budding photography business, I really let those words soak and thought to myself "Yah, why not do this full-time?"

Now, since that time, It's been an incredible 2 years of designing the wedding flowers for more than 50 brides and almost a dozen private events and parties all over Southern California. To be where I'm at today personally and professionally is truly an accomplishment in and of itself and I could not be happier! Thank you everyone for your love, support, and helping me make a dream come true!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

yay! Best post! Congrats lady! You are so talented!

Kim Messick said...

I love it! You are so talented! May the years ahead be just as good to you.

Jessica Reeves said...

Congrats! You are amazing and so very talented!

Bracken and Bracken said...

Congrats on 2 years!! You're amazingly talented big sister :) Hope you can continue creating and doing what you love as long as you love doing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...