Tuesday, June 12, 2012

{ Jordan & Makenzie :: Newport Beach Wedding }


More often than not I get really nervous just before a big wedding! I think about all of the things that could go wrong, the waking up at 2am to make the trip downtown, all the flowers that might not be available when I go for pick up, and just the sheer exhaustion of it all, especially now that I'm doing all of this with a 5 month old, and what only added to my nervousness was that I would be designing it all for my cousin Makenzie and her fiance Jordan. The pressure was ON!

But looking back on this past weekend, I don't think things could have gone any better! My nervousness about getting up at 2am were eased when my sweet baby woke ME up for a feeding and then quietly went back to sleep with daddy while I slipped out the door. Then when I arrived at the mart they not only had all the flowers I had requested, but they were brilliant! The dutch hydrangeas were spectacular, the callas were spot on, and what's more, they even had the anemones that I was told were done for the season. Hallelujah!

As for the exhaustion part of it, well, that one kind of just goes without saying. Thankfully I spent most of Sunday afternoon relaxing, napping in my bed, and playing with my sweet babe who was such an angel through it all. I also need to make mention of my sweet mother and mother-in-law, both of whom sacrificed their entire weekends to help me with my babe and these beautiful flowers you're about to see.  It's not easy work to be a new mom and a floral designer, but honestly, there's nothing else I'd rather do!


{ Wedding Flowers: schwarzwalder calla lilies, picasso calla lilies, black & white anemones, monkey tail, moonvista carnations, tulips, sweet pea, dusty miller, dutch hydrangea, black ti leaves, black beauty dendrobium orchids, hosta leaves }

3 comments:

The House That Lars Built said...

aubs, these are gorgeous! love the deep purples!

Kim Messick said...

I am loving purple and especially the monkey tails!!! Those things are the coolest!

c a n d a c e said...

So so so so gorgeous. Monkey Tail is my absolute fave but no one in Utah ever wants/uses it. Sadness. Love the colors - so different & beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...